|M||10 am - 6 pm|
|T||10 am - 8 pm|
|W ||10 am - 6 pm|
|Th||10 am - 6 pm|
|F ||10 am - 6 pm|
|Sat||10 am - 3 pm|
|Sun || closed |
- Management Policy: The duly appointed library board shall have all management rights, authorities, and responsibilities as stated in Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 43.
- The library board shall select, appoint, and when necessary for valid reasons, dismiss the director of the library.
- The board shall establish all other positions and all wages and benefit levels for all library staff shall be in conformity with the union contract.
- The library board shall provide an effective orientation for new directors to assure that the director understands:
- the policies and processes related to the daily operation of the library,
- reporting and budgetary requirements that assure accountabilityand compliance with the law,
- the expectations of the board in regard to administrative processes and protocol, particularly as they relate to conducting effective and efficient board meetings, and
- rules and requirements for state certification and any assistance which is provided by the library to acquire and maintain appropriate certification.
- The library board shall conduct annual appraisals of the library director’s performance, at which time personal and management goals can be discussed and negotiated.
- Administrative Policy: The person appointed as library director shall be charged with the sole administration of the library.
- The director shall be responsible to the library board in matters pertaining to and concerning the library; be present at monthly board meetings and prepare and present such reports and meeting documents as requested.
- The director shall maintain financial records in an efficient manner; present periodic reports to the library board and to the municipal governing bodies, prepare the draft of the annual budget to be presented to the library board, and assist trustees with presentation of the adopted request for appropriation to the municipal governing body.
- The director shall hold regular meetings with staff and/or volunteers for training and interpreting board policy.
- The director will be responsible for preparing annual performance assessments for library staff.
- The director shall have the responsibility for collection development for all materials in the library; this includes selection, ordering, processing, weeding, and inventory of the collections according to the guidelines in the policy.
- The director will recommend changes in or additions to library policies as needed.
- The director will perform preparatory work to assist the board with regular library planning.
- THIS SECTION IS UNDER REVISION. 2-26-2015
Return to BOARD INFO page