Meeting Room Policy
Rules and Policies for the Lower Level Rooms of the Rusk County Community Library
These rules shall become effective on January 1, 2011, as they were adopted by the Board of the Rusk County Community Library in Ladysmith, Wisconsin. They shall remain in effect until amended in writing, and with the understanding that they shall be reviewed after one year. They will also be reviewed annually, or at the Library Board's discretion.
1. Those conducting programs in conjunction with the Rusk County Community Library will not be charged a fee.
2. Official meetings of the City or County, their departments or employees will not be charged fees.
3. Non-governmental groups or organizations shall pay fees as stated below for use of one or more of the Community Rooms.
FOR NOT-FOR-PROFIT GROUPS and GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
$5.00 per room/half day (6 hours or less).
$10.00 per room /full day (over 6 hours)
FOR ALL OTHER PARTIES
$10 per hour/per room
$25 up to 6 hours/per room
$50 for more than 6 hours/per room
The above fees are to cover operating and maintenance costs, but will also address the costs of
1. Unlawful purposes or acts.
2. Use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances on the premises.
The Community Rooms may not be used for the following purposes without express written consent.
For the direct sale of goods or services for private gain, except as part of a craft fair or similar event held in conjunction with a public event or at least 10% of the proceeds of which are to be donated to a local charitable organization or to a facility or program operated by the City or County and provided further that such event occurs no more than once per quarter in frequency.
It shall be the policy of the RCCL that the Community Rooms not be used in a manner which is in direct competition with a service offered privately by a business located in the County.
Preference: The Rusk County Community Library shall have preference for all room use. The Library shall make all possible efforts to identify times, dates, and room locations with 3 months notice. After Library programs are scheduled, City and County functions will be scheduled before the public at large.
Cause for Termination of Use
1. Failure to make a reasonable effort to clean up or remove excessive trash generated by any individual or group.
2. Excessive noise.
3. Use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances on the premises.
4. Unlawful use or acts.
Periods of Use
Except as noted under Preference, above, one or more room(s) may be booked through the staff at the Rusk County Community Library on a first come‑first served basis as recorded on an official use calendar.
a. Hourly‑1-2 hours per day, but no more than five consecutive days.
b. By the half day (up to 6 hours), but no more than five consecutive days, or not more than once weekly on a continuing basis.
c. By the day (more than 6 hours) but no more than five consecutive days, or not more than once weekly on a continuing basis.
RCCL may approve other arrangements in writing, such as standing monthly meetings on recurring days and times.
Access to the Community Rooms shall be by key, which will be signed out and returned by a responsible party, i.e. a person 18-years or older. If a user fails to return a key due to a loss or other causes, such user shall be required by the RCCL to pay for replacement, including changing the locks if that is deemed warranted.
Furnishings and equipment shall be returned to the original location following its approved use. Users shall pay for any damage.
Personal Property Storage
Personal property shall not be stored on the Library premises. RCCL is not responsible for personal items used or left on the premises or property.
1. Users must furnish their own disposable products for their activity, such as paper plates, napkins, cups, toweling, plastic ware, etc. The use of recyclables is strongly encouraged.
2. All users must sweep the floors, as needed, and wipe up all spills on the floor to prevent accidents.
3. All users must lock doors as they leave the building at the end of their scheduled time, and must return keys to the designated key drop-box.
4. All users are responsible for keeping alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substances off RCCL premises during their allotted times. This includes ensuring that individuals stay the legally-determined distance from the building for any smoking.
All users must sign a User Agreement before or at the time a reservation is booked. By signing this agreement, the user accepts the responsibilities specified above.
The user agreement form should be filled out at the library when the fees are paid.
Return to BOARD INFO page